one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oops!

This is the first time I almost went a day without posting! And why, you may ask? I am still knee- deep in progress reports, and they are progressing nicely, if I do say so myself! Thus, I am going to keep it short and sweet. 

Oh. I just saw the craziest infomercial ever. It was for Pajama Jeans, the "Hot new fashion sensation!" See what you can stumble upon when you stay up late?If you have a few minutes to spare, check them out. I think they may be a new fashion low, albeit an understandable one... Yikes! I love the line that says "It's a struggle to get into ordinary jeans." Okay, Pajama Jeans, I hear you!

Outfit:

Dress: I threw this on as I had to rush out of the house. I have not worn this dress since I attended the wedding that I bought it for. Five years ago!  It was a few months after Leo was born, and I guess I didn't have anything else that fit me. I actually wore it as a skirt at the wedding, with a floaty lavender top. At any rate, I've kept it for five years for some reason, but I think it will have to go if I don't thnk I'm going to wear it for another five years! 


Sweater: Hand me down from cousin, who rocked her show last night! Congratulations little cousin! Mossimo.

Vest: EMS. Courtesy of a gift certificate I was given more than ten years ago!

Shoes: Fit Flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment